Friday, September 23, 2005

Good And Evil

There never really is a clear cut answer for this one,a person would consider people who exercise acts of kindness,do charity work,donate to orphanages,etcetera as good,good people.On the other hand,people who lie,cheat,steal,kill,and all other "inhumane" acts as evil. For me,there really isn't any such thing as good or evil. People who donate to charities,do community service,lead an honest life,what if it's all just a front?A mask.Something they do to build a certain reputation for their own,personal gain? I despise liars,cheaters,thieves,but I understand that they have reason to do so.What if they lied to keep a certain reputation?What if they cheated for the good of their family/business/anything else connected?What if they stole to feed their family? Quote : A warrior doesn't know remorse for anything he has done,because to isolate one's acts as being mean,ugly,or evil is to place an unwarranted importance on the self. -Carlos Castaneda The world isn't black and white for me.The world is gray.Opposing forces/situations simply hold two sides of the same coin. There's a reason for everything.People do things for a certain purpose and that purpose may never be revealed to the public,but it really doesn't matter.I believe in the saying "the means justify the ends".Thus,I would do anything if it means I would get my satisfactory (if not extremely satisfactory) result.Even if it means going through "the extremes".Does that make me evil?You tell me.But then again,would it really matter? Quote : Don't pay any attention to critics.Don't even ignore them. - Samuel Goldwyn

No comments: